Our structured online courses offer you a flexible, practical way to learn, either for continuing professional development or towards an MSc.
- 12-week online courses start in April and October
- Courses are relevant to workplace practice.
- Courses are suitable for healthcare professionals including: biomedical, clinical and research scientists; laboratory, hospital and health service managers; nurses, pharmacists and medical technical officers; quality, health and safety and risk and governance managers.
- Courses are delivered in small groups with a high level of student support (tutor: student ratio 1:10).
- Assessment is typically by case study orientated reports; production of posters, presentations; contributions to online discussions, and online quizzes.
- Completing a course will earn you 100 continuing professional development points from the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS), the leading body for those working in the field.
- Take 4 Biomed Online Learning courses and carry out an approved workplace based project for a MSc qualification.
- The MSc can be completed over 6 years.
- The MSc is validated by the University of Greenwich and accredited by the IBMS.
- Apply for the MSc programme after completing four online courses and once you have your project idea established.
- Note: Biomed Online Learning courses are open to national and international students but at the present time the MSc Programme is only open to students working in a hospital/laboratory setting in the UK.
– Advanced Human Genetics
– Analysis of Nucleic Acids
– Blood Transfusion
– Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Analysis in Healthcare Settings
– Clinical Data Interpretation
– Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
– Governance and Risk Management
– Immunocytochemistry in Diagnostic Cellular Pathology
– Implementing Advanced Quality Management
– Lung Disease
– Management of Healthcare Associated Infection
– Managing Learning and Development in Healthcare
– Point of Care Testing
– Quality Systems Management
– Renal Disease
– Robotics and Automation
The Biomed Online Learning programme is managed by a consortium of NHS Trusts, Pathology Joint Ventures, Public Health England and the University of Greenwich.